Quality Tissue. Precise Preparation. Your Specifications.
Leaders in Tissue Preparation: In 2009, Iowa Lions Eye Bank became the first U.S. eye bank to prepare tissue in an eye bank setting for Descemet’s Membrane Endothelial Keratoplasty (DMEK).
In the fast-changing world of eye banking, relationships matter. You need to be able to trust your tissue provider so you can keep your focus where it needs to be-with your patients. You don’t want to waste time worrying that your needs won’t be met.
Let the Iowa Lions Eye Bank (ILEB) provide you with that peace of mind. We have more than 60 years of eye banking experience, and we’ve established ourselves as a leader in tissue provision and precision processing, training other eye banks with our techniques. Our top-tier research program keeps us on the forefront of innovation.
Backed by one of the nation’s leading ophthalmology departments at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, ILEB is highly responsible and ready to meet your specifications. We take great care in learning what you need, and preparing each tissue carefully to meet your specifications.
Our process is simple and straightforward. It starts with one-on-one conversation with our highly experienced team. We take the time to understand what you need to ensure the best surgical outcomes for your patients. From there, we develop a plan to make sure the experience for you and your staff as effortless as possible.
When you need tissue, you request it- and we make sure it’s in your operating room.
Why should you trust ILEB for your corneal tissue needs?
- We are fully accredited by the Eye Bank Association of America and regulated by U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- We offer outstanding, responsive customer service
- Our highly experienced team has been preparing tissue for more than 11 years and understands the needs of its surgeons
- We are industry leaders in precision tissue processing, pioneering techniques and teaching other eye banks
- We perform a wide variety of tissue processing, including laser, DMEK, and DSAEK
- We maintain strong relationships with eye banks throughout the country in order to ensure you get the highest quality tissue
- With a research-based approach to quality improvement, both within ILEB and partnership with the University of Iowa, we are diligently pursuing new ways to improve tissue provision techniques so your patients receive the best for your surgical goals
Please contact us at 319-335-4889 with any questions you may have regarding our tissue processing and tissue distribution.